Working Where Others Come To Play...
The Berkshire Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization of the business community. We are a private, non-profit, self-supporting corporation funded by member investments. The Chamber is not a charitable corporation or financed by the county, city, state or federal government. The Berkshire Chamber unites more than one thousand businesses, professional firms and organizations, creating a unique central agency working to improve business and build a better community.
Most importantly, the Chamber is people, people just like you; people who realize that through the Chamber, they can accomplish collectively what no one can do individually. The strength of the Chamber lies in attracting the greatest number of members, creating a pool of resources from which can be drawn ideas, energy and finances.
The Chamber is organized to:
Councils and Committees
- Advance the economic, cultural and civic welfare of the region it serves.
- Encourage the growth of existing industries and businesses while assisting new industries and businesses seeking to locate to the Berkshires.
- Support all those activities believed to be beneficial to the area and to oppose those that might be detrimental.
- Promote the welfare of all citizens of Berkshire County, and all of the cities and towns within its boundaries.
The Chamber is organized into five councils that oversee its broad objectives in Administration, Business Support, Marketing & Communications, Membership, and Government Relations. Each of the councils form specific committees and task forces that create ideas and work on special projects. Here's a breakdown of the councils' committees:
Marketing & Communications
- Annual Publication Committee
Networking & Recognition Committee
Berkshire Young Professionals Committee
Membership Growth Task Force
Annual Meeting Task Force
Most committees meet once a month for one hour at the Chamber, from 8:00-9:00 a.m. If you're interested in joining a committee and would like more information, contact us anytime at (413) 499-4000 or email@example.com.
Click here to sign up for Berkshire Chamber eNewsline.